Jun 24, 2014





After years and years (and years) of having colorful hair, I finally decided to make the transition back to my natural dark brown color. I have many reasons for coloring my locks, but mostly because I wanted to. Having a bright color is a lot to maintain, and to be honest I really missed my brown! It's been interesting trying out different things with my makeup that seemed to clash with the blue hair.

Recently I've been super inspired by 1960's heavy eye makeup and big hair. Priscilla Presley has always been one of my style icons, with her towering hair and smokey eyes ~ not to mention killer brows. For this look I tried to put my own spin on Priscilla's signature look.

Here's a list of products I used~

::FACE::
Foundation/Concealer: Kat Von D's Lock-it foundation and concealer
Powder: Makeup Forever Super Matte loose powder
Blush: MAC Warm Soul mineral blush
Contour/Highlight: Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit

::EYES::
Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow pomade
Shadow: Tarte palette
Liner: Tarte precision liquid liner
Mascara: Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 
Lashes: MinkWink

::LIPS::
Liner: MAC Bodly Bare
Lipstick: MAC Viva Glam Lady Gaga II (limited edition)




I really want to start doing makeup tutorials again, but I definitely need to upgrade my camera! I don't feel like there's any point in doing them without proper equipment. Until then, here are some inspiration photos of Priscilla and a few other big haired babes to get your gears goin.










3 comments:

  1. This look is great on you! Make-up is especially so on point ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you look even sexier with this hair color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock dark hair!

    Shanika-says.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

);